Sunday, May 10, 2009

I liked the long queue!!

Its strange but honestly for the first time I liked waiting in the long queue. The day was 7th May and I came out to vote around 12pm. While coming, I was pretty sure that very few people would be coming out during this time because of the scorching sun.

I believe, we all are very impatient in nature and always look out for some shortcuts to avoid long queues..be it at the ticket counters, bill payments etc.  And for my surprise, I was welcomed by a quite a decent number of people waiting for their turn.

The initial queue was not that long but it was moving at a very slow pace for some obvious reasons. Now, going by the past experiences, I thought that some people might go back. But, after waiting for some time, I realized that this queue was something special. Everyone was waiting very enthusiastically for their turn as if some prize awaits inside. None was in complaining mood..everyone was exuding positive feelings inspite of the dreaded heat!!

 I could see a spark in everyone eyes as if each eye was telling the other I am here waiting to see the country as I want to see....


1 comment:

Adrenaline Junkie...Pranav said...

I had a similar experience as well...long queues..slowly moving..too much heat..but everyone sticking to it..and voting..encouraging sights i must say..specially in a lethargic democracy like ours..

Blog Archive

Followers